Body Region: Cardiovascular
Author: Jean-François Paul
1. Patient presentation
- A 28-year-old, otherwise healthy woman presented after having experienced acute pain in the left arm and chest at work.
- Electrocardiography showed ST elevation in the inferior leads. In addition, blood troponin was elevated, leading to diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction.
- Delayed enhancement MRI revealed a small myocardial infarction of the inferior wall of the left ventricle.
- Conventional coronary angiography was normal, leading to the suspicion of an embolic cause of the infarction.
- ECG-gated contrast-enhanced cardiac CT was performed for further exploration.