Body Region: Abdomen and Pelvis
Author: Michele Anzidei
1. Patient presentation
- A 76-year-old woman was hospitalized for worsening oliguria over three days.
- Her medical history included a diagnosis of hypertension.
- The patient had been regularly undergoing antihypertensive therapy.
- Blood tests were performed: the results showed an increase in the indices of inflammation, leukocytosis and a moderate renal insufficiency (38 mL/min).
- Contrast-enhanced abdominal CT was performed for suspected