Body Region: Chest
Author: Carlo Catalano, Rome, Italy
1. Patient presentation
- A 77-year-old woman presented with chest pain, dyspnea, mild occasional fever and hypoglycemia.
- Her medical history included chest trauma 10 years ago, but no surgery.
- Laboratory testing revealed severe hypoglycemia and increased erythrocyte sedimentation rate
and white blood cell count.
- Chest radiography showed complete opacification of the right hemithorax.
- Multiphasic MDCT of the chest was performed to investigate further.