Body Region: CT Colonography
Author: Franco Iafrate, Paolo Baldassari, Rome, Italy
1. Patient presentation
- An 86-year-old woman presented with left flank pain.
- Her medical history included essential thrombocytopenia.
- Laboratory analyses revealed anemia and a positive result on the fecal occult blood test
- Ultrasonography of the abdomen showed diffuse wall thickening of the descending colon.
- The patient, unfit for conventional colonoscopy due to essential thrombocytopenia, was referred
to CT colonography.